Introducing: Blackberry Mojitos feat. Tardis Tea Gin! Recipe & Pictures & Ohmygodthisisdelicious
What you will need:
- Gin of choice! I chose Aviation, something local and slightly higher grade so less oily.
- Tardis tea! Or any earl grey, but the blackberry is the ~*star*~ here
- Cup & 1/2 of blackberries
- 1-2 limes or lime juice
- Seltzer water
- Infuse the gin with tea. I used about 6 tsp of the tardis tea in one fifth of gin. Use a funnel!! My funnel unfortunately is filtered, which meant I had to pinch it in by hand. Pain in the butt! As soon as you’ve finished this, close, shake (take your stress out on that bottle!) and let sit for two hours at room temperature.
- Once the tea has been allowed to steep well in the gin, filter out the gin into a bowl and clean out the bottle. Put the gin back in the bottle once it is clean!
- Make your blackberry simple syrup: two parts water (1 cup), one part sugar (half cup), one part blackberries (half cup). Allow the water & sugar to come to a rolling boil, then take it back down to simmer. Put in the blackberries, and let them steep for ~15 minutes. Then remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Fill glass with crushed mint on the bottom, ice, and blackberries on top!
- Once the simple syrup has cooled, put two parts (4 shots) infused gin, two parts blackberry simple syrup (4 shots), half part lime juice (1 shot) into shaker with ice. Shake well!
- Pour over the glass (& do not spill like my boyfriend)
- Top with a thumbnail of soda water. Put a straw in it if you are secretly five years old like me. Enjoy!!
I couldn’t be happier with how this turned out. To be fair I am a rare breed of gin-lover and could drink it out of a mason jar straight, but this was elevated to an outstanding degree. The earl grey brings an unexpected richness out of the gin, and the blackberry and juniper compliment each other nicely. Thanks again to Cara, for your wonderful fandom teas ♥ can’t wait until my next adagio shipment to make more cocktails *-*. Remember to drink responsibly, otherwise time ends up a little wibbly-wobbly if you know what i mean.
OH MY GOD I LOVE GIN
I LOVE MOJITOS
I LOVE YOU